Saturday, October 16, 2010

Diamond from Heaven

When my grandparents (mom's parents) died they left some money to my mom and said that she had to use it to do something nice for herself. She bought a diamond tennis bracelet and wore it for many years. When I had Connor she gave it to me. I tried wearing it but it would scratch Connor whenever I picked him up and it wasn't necessarily my style. I ended up having the diamonds put into a ring.


About 3 weeks ago (maybe longer) I noticed that a diamond had fallen out. I wasn't bothered so much by losing the diamond because it was small and pretty inexpensive to replace but because it was from the original bracelet. Who knows where it could have fallen out! School, Walmart, the park, the yard??


Tonight is the last night in our house. We had planned on sleeping at the rental since all our beds are there but since the tv's are here we have our priorities! So we just decided to stay at home and have a slumber party on the floor. I was playing with Charlotte and twice out of the corner of my eye I saw something sparkle. I immediately thought, "That's a real diamond." (I know my jewels people). I picked it up and it was the lost diamond!! Can you believe that it had been laying on the living room carpet all that time.


The really amazing part? We had not originally planned to stay here tonight and my mom is starting to vaccum TOMORROW! I honestly believe this was a farewell gift from God. (For those of you "doing the math", yes, I have not vaccummed in a LONG time. Good thing I'm not a germaphobe! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment