Wednesday, September 21, 2011

My Dad


It seems like each day I find another way that our house is perfect--for us. I'm amazed that our lot was not taken especially with the neighborhood nearing completion. There is no one behind us because our lot backs up to the entrance but I don't mind. As a matter of fact, I like being able to see what's going on.

So this morning I look out our bedroom windows and what do I see? A boom pump! I love it when I see them because it reminds me of growing up and watching my dad work. It was just before 7 a.m. when they are allowed to start and the concrete mixers were also starting to arrive. I called Connor and told him how I remember watching my dad work when I was growing up. I remember being out with my mom running errands and if we knew my dad was in the area we would stop. I remember feeling really important because "MY dad" was running the boom and we would wave at him and he would wave back. For some reason I really remember one time he was pouring a highway that had to be done at night and he drove us by and showed us the huge lights that would be set up for them.

Anyway I just love when I see boom pumps and usually have to stop and watch for a few minutes.

So, my house is perfect.

Love you Dad!




LITTE ENTREPRENURS

In a previous post I mentioned that Connor set up a stand selling water and actually made $1.75.
So this time the kids were selling lemonade and then expanded to Hawaiian Punch.


Oh, but it gets better! The very next day Connor comes running in all out of breath and asks me if I have any old pens. He grabs the oldest, ugliest pens I have and as he's running out the door he yells, "We're selling pens.................and duct tape!". What????? I'm thinking a roll? a piece?

So I go to the corner and they are actually selling things made out of duct tape. They had even made duct tape roses that were taped onto the top of the pens. Very creative. I must clarify that this was Devika's idea not the boys.



So of course I bought a purse for $1. They even let me know that for $1.50 they could do custom orders and they also had home delivery. Crazy. One of them is going to be rich someday!




SCHOOL DAYS

I may have already posted this pic but it's from the first day. Connor is on the left side in the black and white striped shirt.


Connor's first homework assignment a few weeks ago was to decorate a gingerbread shaped person. The instructions were to decorate it however he wanted with things that represent him. I thought this would be fun and was envisioning him being excited about finding soccer ball stickers, etc. Much to my dismay he colored it red and blue and that was it. So, what, you're an alien? After much moaning and groaning I insisted he had to put at least 5 things on it. I swear you would have thought I had told him he had to go get a shot! I had to basically come up with ideas myself and say, "what about this? or this? ok, just glue it there." I'm telling you this kid is NOT craft-sy. My friend's son was the same way so I guess it's a boy thing.

He also had his first Friday assembly which they do every so often. I was so impressed. They all say the US and Texas pledges and then sing the school song. The principals talked about how a "cool" kid acts and the fifth graders did a rap about how to treat others kindly. It just seems like a very organized school. They have a process for everything. Aaron went to eat lunch with Connor and he got up and asked a teacher where to throw the trash and her response was, "Sit down dad. We have a process and the kids will show you what to do!" haha.


Charlotte has also started school at Bible Bears where I work. Her teacher is Ms. Kim and she loves it. She goes in like a pro (she should since she has already been going there for a year). She sees me in the hall and just says "Hi Mommy" and then goes back to playing.





And now some other funny pics of Charlotte.


Addy and Charlotte at the mall play area. Uh, who's the creepy guy?



She actually did this herself. Scary.


Finally, I must say thanks to my SIL Rebekah for fixing my blog. It was a ugly black background for a long time and I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Thanks Aunt Rebekah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment