Thursday, March 15, 2018

From the Mouths of Babes

I've decided I have to blog about some of the unbelievable (and horrifying) or funny things that come out of the kid's mouths. (Some of these are older so I don't know all the ages).

Connor:

  • "Hey, Mom, look that dog on tv is wearing a sweater. You can buy it. It's for sale. Don't miss it!"

  • Scene: Dinner on the patio at a restaurant. "Hey, you Ship Head!". Reaction: Every patron's head spins around to look at Connor as Aaron and I say "What did you say????". Connor's response: "You know Mom, like when you have a boat on your head?!"

  • Scene: Connor licks Aaron's head (not really sure why). Connor: "You're a sucker!!" Us: "Excuse me?" Connor: "You know like your head is a lollipop"

  • He tooted and then gave the "hang loose" sign.  (Where did he learn that!?!)
  • "Did you know if you get a scratch you can get Tetris?"
  • Gramma, "Oh Connor, someday your time will come" (She was referring to him finding a girlfriend)
  • Connor: "My time has already come" (say what!)
  • "So, they are boyfriend and girlfriend but then he said she was too bossy and so he dumped her and then he married this other girl".  (What in the world were we watching!?!
  • He shows me his hitch hikers thumb and then says "I learned that in 3rd grade".
  • Connor "He's fast as a turkey"
  • Mom "Turkeys aren't fast"
  • Connor "They are if they have an upgrade"
Charlotte

  • "I don't like it when people stop talking because then I get bored".
  • "College doesn't have recess?  Boring!!"
  • "I feel betraded.  I'm sorry, I don't accept that.  Say something more confident".  (What in the world is she talking about?)
  • "My slippers squeek.  Oh wait, that's just my nose making a sound".
  • “I don’t want to look back on my childhood and say I never TP’d a house. I’m putting it on my bucket list.”
And last but not least......
  • Pointing at my chest, "Aren't those things supposed to be higher?".
Oh wait.   I can't stop writing without sharing a song Charlotte wrote in Nov. 2017 (you can't make this stuff up):

I want an ugly goose
A really ugly goose
Repeat

A goose. A geese. A pas.
Repeat 2x

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

I want an ugly goose
A really ugly goose
Repeat

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

I want an ugly goose
A really ugly goose
Repeat

Yeah ummmmmmmm
Yeah goose yeah goose yeah

We're the goose yeah






No comments:

Post a Comment