Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I Love You, Man!

Connor's best friend is Zander. They are two peas in a pod or maybe two crazies in a ....well whatever, you get the point. We took Zander home from soccer last Thursday and the two boys were sitting the the back seat and Zander says, "Connor, I love you" and Connor replies "I love you, Zan Man." I'm telling you the love fest never stops with these two. So tonight I hear Connor crying in his bed. When I went in there he said, "Mom, I just can't sleep. I'm very, so, so excited to go to Zander's house tomorrow!" I guess when you are 4 playing at a friends house is like getting to go to Disneyland--and fortunately, a lot cheaper!


In other news, Charlotte went back to the doctor today for her head. I had noticed that her eyes are not equidistant from her nose and I thought her smile looked a little goofy. I figured that was just the way she is but the doctor said it is from her skull growing crooked. Now I know this sounds awful but she measured her head and she said that her neck is much looser and she thought the alignment looked better than last time. So, she said we are doing a good job with her stretching excercises and she'll get checked again in one more month. Apparently babies can get stuck in one position while in the womb and their neck muscles atrophy a little so they come out not being able to look to one side as well which results in them always laying on one side which makes the skull grow weird. And now that I understand that it makes sense because she was head down quite early and it always hurt me in one place to the point of my leg hurting and that was where her head was (I know that was at least two run on sentences in a row--sorry Super Grandma and Grandpa!).

Also, today is my birthday. Aaron is out of town and it didn't occur to me to celebrate early for Connor's sake. When he woke me up this a.m. he said, "Mom, where are the decorations and the cake?". I told him there weren't any. "But, Mom, you have to have a cake!". So after eating a birthday dinner at IHOP (so he could get the funny face pancakes) we went to Target and bought a cake and then came home and decorated. I called our neighbors over to sing Happy Birthday and it turned out quite fun. I guess I've transitioned to that age where your birthday is really for your kids--we won't say what that age is! Haha, I'm 36 and still feel 30 or so. Who cares!




And, finally, what remained of my trees was cut down on Saturday. Here's Aaron getting ready (He looks a little too excited if you ask me).





No comments:

Post a Comment