Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Best 17.5 Hours (and counting) Of My Life

I wrote this a couple weeks ago but am just now posting:


So we went to Jeff & Carolin's last night for New Year's. Both kids stayed up so late (9:30 & 12:30) that Charlotte just woke up and Connor is still sleeping at 9:30 a.m. Yippee!! I am milking it even more by putting Charlotte in front of her first chick flick (Thumbelina--thanks mom & dad) while she eats breakfast. She is absorbed and I feel like I am still free!

We had a great time last night. The boys played--wait, let me clarify--the boys did flying ninja moves over the couches and we didn't hear from them for 7.5 hours while the girls played Rock Band Hero with all the adults. I'm not much for Wii but it was fun. I tried all the instruments and singing. Then we moved onto a fun game called Apples to Apples and somehow that turned into trying every 80's dance move we knew in the kitchen. Yes, I know how to moonwalk thanks to Rolando Balli when I was about 10. Everyone was pretty impressed. And I must say "Good Parenting!!" to Jeff and Carolin because I was really impressed with the amount of awesome 80's music that Raelee and Jordan knew.

The three ninjas:


I can't believe I am posting this video because I do NOT look good but at least everyone else will get a good laugh. And, we hadn't even been drinking! These are the 80's dance moves we were doing (why am I the only one in the video????):





At midnight we all had a sparkling cider toast with my grandma's real crystal. We even let the kids join in until they got a little exuberant with the toasting.

It was so good to hang out with Jeff and Carolin again. It really was like old times, we were all so silly. Background for those of you who don't know: We met them when the guys had a class together in college. We were just married and they had been married about three years. When the boys graduated Jeff found a job for both of them in Charlotte, NC (hence her name). We all moved out there and even lived in the same apt. complex for a while. One memory that comes to mind--Aaron and I went into the grocery store one night and they waited outside in the car. When we came out they were leaned all the way back in their seats with their sunglasses on, playing rap music as loud as they could with the bass shaking the car, and Raelee in her baby carrier in the backseat! We just burst out laughing! And who can forget racing down the apartment parking lot in office chairs--Woohoo! We had the BEST time there. We were just fun and crazy! Two years later we all (plus one little Raelee at this point) moved back to Dallas and both ended up building homes in The Colony where we lived and had kids for the next 9.5 years. Then they moved back to Lubbock!! Now they've been back here for about 1.5 years but live about 25 min away plus Carolin is a working woman so we just don't get to hang out as much.

On a side note--In the car on the way there Connor said, "I love riding in the car and bandaids. They keep your fingers warm." I, seriously, don't know where he comes up with this stuff. I'll be so sad when he is a teenager and doesn't want to talk to us!

Anyway, you can see from all the pics and videos we had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment