Friday, July 15, 2011

Projects, Parties, & Golf, Oh My!

Projects, Projects, Projects!!!

I'm sure you know I love to go to resale stores (actually, I'm one level down, more like Goodwill). I really LOVE it when I find something that I can repurpose especially when it's unintentional.

So, I found this lamp, which was awesome, but the top was a little messed up but working. I took it home and started taking it apart to straighten it all out and accidentally cut the cord! I was so mad until I thought "hey this will make a great vase looking decoration!

Tahdah!

For my next creation I decided to finally do the cork board I have been saving for for 6-10 years. I know there are corks in there from our 10 year anniversary and we started saving before that so who knows.

Anyway, I love the way it turned out except that in person it does not look like there is so much space between the corks.


And, for my finale, my biggest money saver. I wanted a sisel type rug for the dining room but the size I needed was at least $500 new. Soooooo, I found this sea grass rug on Craigslist for $95. It was 9X13 so I cut it down and made two rugs. I decided to take off the trim since it was faded and like it so much better that way. However, it is starting to unravel but I found a place I can buy adhesive binding so I'll work on that. Love it!




Golf--The Gentleman's (??) Sport

Connor is taking golf lessons this summer. He loves it and seems to have a knack (can't imagine why--Super Grandma/Grandpa, Grampa, Daddy). It is at 8:00 in the morning but with the heat there's no other way. Since he's left handed they tried him out both ways but settled on right.

For those of you who notice something wrong with the first pic it is the practice follow through left handed NOT about to hit the instructor. Haha!







4th of July!!!!

We had a great time on the 4th despite the crazy heat. The kids played in the cul-de-sac and then we watched fireworks just across the Tollway.





Charlotte with "Aunt" Pam.






Connor is 6!!!!


We kept Connor's birthday much more low key than other years which is definately going to become the norm. Homemade cake (by me!), pizza, and we took a few of his friends to see Cars II.








Charlotte

It was just a matter of time, but Charlotte found the markers. I especially love the goth eyeliner look she was going for.



Now, here, you will notice that Charlotte has already perfected the talk on the phone multi-tasking hold. She actually walks around the house talking to no one and a kiddie phone does not cut it. She has to have the real thing.



Friends

In other news, Kevin and Tracy moved into their new house a couple streets away. Charlotte and Addy are working on their love/hate relationship. Below, a moment of relationship building love......


No comments:

Post a Comment