Monday, August 8, 2011

Our Summer Vacation



For our summer "vacation" we met my brother and his family at Six Flags. Connor had never been to an amusement park before and was REALLY excited. He rode the swings that raise up and fly around in a circle and a kiddie roller coaster which he did not like.

It was super hot, needless to say, since we have had about 60 days over 100 now. I think it really was 108-110 that day and I thought, "Why are we here?". Once we were acclimated (accepted the fact that we were going to drip sweat all day) we had a great time!

This one is hard to see but Connor and Aaron are in the middle of the roller coaster. I think if you click on the picture it will get bigger.



I just love these pictures of Charlotte.





In other news......

Connor is still in his infomercial stage. He likes to watch all the commercials and then report back to me on what the best products are. Here are a few of his samplings:

  • "Mom, you need to get this stuff that sprays on blue and then dries clear so when you know when to clean".
  • "Mom, Oxyclean saves your clothes AND your money so y0u don't have to waste money."
  • "If I get the supersoaker watergun, I can get another one for free!" I guess he hasn't heard of the shipping and handling trick.

The rest of the summer has just been spent playing with friends, trying to survive the heat, and being lazy.

Charlotte.......

She has really started talking. She puts 3 word sentences together and just last night said, "I wuv you" as I was putting her to bed. Some other fun things she says/said:

  • She hit me then said, "I Sowwy, Mama. I hit." Not something to brag about but, hey, it's a sentence.
  • When I tell her that she cannot have something she says, "Awwwww."
  • "No-eeee"= More
  • "Glub It!"=Put on my purple latex gloves. Yes, she loves medical gloves. I guess she has seen the church ladies changing the babies and wants to wear some too. She always comes home from Sunday School wearing one.
  • "What doooo-ing, Mama?"
  • "Cooley"=Kool Aid
  • "Conyah"= Connor
  • And...she has finally started saying her own name.

Other Highlights......


Charlotte and Addy are having a lot of fun getting to know each other more and seem to be working out the kinks....not so much biting and pushing :)



Damn, these kids, and their pants hanging down showing their underwear. Bunch of hoodlums!!!!



Getting ready to go out for date night. Sorry Aaron wasn't home from work yet but if 3 out of the 4 of us look decent we're taking a picture.


I swear, you go out and leave your kids with the grandparents and they end up naked in the backyard!



Over here Grampa!


Whoaaaaaa....slow down!

No comments:

Post a Comment