Saturday, September 12, 2015

DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!






Strangely enough Charlotte has been preoccupied with Disney (she's really started noticing all the commercials). She just came and told me..........


  • Mom, I know one thing you will never let me do.....Go to Disneyland......because it is in FLORIDA!
  • Well, maybe someday
  • Well, when I have kids I'm taking them so they can see Elsa!


It's fun since they don't know they are going. We have kept this a secret since February when we decided to bite the bullet and go for broke, literally.

Here's another interesting conversation:


At this point I should add that although this post is dated Sept. 2015 we went to Disney last December.  It's taken me this long to get caught up (and I'm actually adding parts now in Jan. 2016!).

These are the signs they found wrapped in the boxes with their Mickey Mouse shirts we gave them to open.  Charlotte's was a pic of some princesses since she can't read yet.
  

This is where I apologize for all the weird spacing between pics and the sideways videos.  Enjoy!


On the shuttle to the resort!

The Wilderness Lodge.  We LOVED it!
This place just screams "Everything Kim loves!"
    







The boat we had to take to dinner our first night.
And it was raining and cold!



Our 1st dinner was the Country Jamboree and they slam a bucket of fried chicken down on the table.  Memory:  At the end of the show they had some people come up including one kid about 6 years old.  He stood there for a minute and then puked all over the stage!
Day 1--Epcot

Our first full day--Epcot.  Here we are in Norway.  The people are really from each country.


Charlotte's first sighting of a princess.  










So the kids did NOT like Epcot.  We canceled our dinner reservations and went to see some other hotels and ended up at Downtown Disney for dinner.  



Downtown Disney

I'm sorry but in retrospect, Disney is NOT the happiest place on earth.  It's the place where parents argue and yell at their kids.  Obviously I bought the pillow.




Zoom in on the price tag.
But maybe you only have $1200 to spend because at Disney that is pocket change.
Didn't even make it through day 1.  Stroller Rental:  Best Idea EVER.

I love this picture.  I want to live here.


Day 2--Magic Kingdom

She painted this with water (and upside down).  So Cool!!                   Mommy and Charlotte on the famous teacups.


The only explanation for this photo is.......3rd grade boy.
Rapunzel's Tower



Lunch at Cinderella's Castle





Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.  I remember this from when I went as a kid so I forced everyone to go.  Not sure they were as enamored as me.

Seriously, why would you go to Disney at any time except Christmas!








More of our hotel---7 stories tall



Day 3--Hollywood Studios (Our Favorite)


Star Tours--We rode it 5 times!
This was an almost flat panel.







The Osborne Family Christmas Light Show at Hollywood Studios







Day 4--Animal Kingdom


Africa
















Tibet

India
The Tree of Life (there are animals carved everywhere into the tree)


Day 5--Back to Hollywood Studios since we liked it so much


The rest of these pics seem to be completely out of order. 
 Maybe I'll fix them someday.
Hahaha!!

The 80's called.  You forgot your Cabbage Patch.































































We really were this tired on the way back
We must be related.  He ASKED for a Diet Coke.
  So, in retrospect (and I have a lot of it since I am typing this 13 months later), I'm not sure we would do Disney World again.  It would definitely be more fun a 2nd time because we would actually know what we were doing and not feel so rushed and stressed out.  But, there are so many other places to see......hopefully we fewer lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment