Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Finally! A New Post

Welcome back to the site of the worst blogger ever. Ok, yes, I do have a 3 month old but the whole purpose was so family could see pics of the kids. At this rate they'll be 10 before I get going. I think my perfectionist tendencies are getting in the way. I want it to be perfect so when I can't decide exactly what pictures to use or what to write I just put it off until "tomorrow". So, for now I will just type some stuff about the kids and maybe try to do pics tomorrow. Sorry Grandparents!

Charlotte:

She is a GREAT baby. She is very content and only cries when she is trying to go to sleep. She is now sleeping about 8 hours between the nighttime feedings--Yea! She has also started cooing, smiling and likes to stare at her hand like she's drugged. She weighs 12 lbs.

The one issue we are dealing with right now (because it just wouldn't be fair to have such a good baby with at least some issues!) is that she is getting a flat spot on the right side of her head. This is a result of her only wanting to look to look to her right. This also results in the muscles on the right side of her neck being very tight. For now, the Dr. has shown me 2 exercises to do to stretch out the muscles. She'll go back to the Dr. on March 3 to see if we've made any progress. Hopefully she won't end up in a helmet although that is a possibility.

Connor:

He is a GREAT big brother. Honestly, I can’t think of one moment of jealousy. Our problem is actually the opposite—He wants to kiss and hug her ALL THE TIME. Everyday, he’ll say “I love you, Charlotte” and has always referred to her as “my baby”. On occasion he will crawl in the crib with her and hug her until I tell him that he should probably stop. My friends have warned me that the love fest will end when Charlotte can crawl and get to his toys.

We gave him a bike for Christmas and is doing great learning to ride. He is also “playing” on a basketball team which is really just a skills class of semi-organized chaos. I knew we were in trouble the 1st day when the coach said “grab a partner” and Connor literally grabbed the first kid to run by and about knocked him over. I knew we were in worse trouble when he tried to teach them to dribble, pass, and shoot all in the same class. I don’t think he has much experience with 3 & 4 year olds. It is quite entertaining though.

Connor is also really into the small legos. We buy these little sets that have about 80 pieces and he will follow all 25 steps of instructions to put it together.

He is totally in the “do it myself stage” so everything takes twice as long to do. We have even gone to the mall with his clothes on backwards because that the way he wanted it!

Funny things Connor has said:

· While I was still pregnant we were at the park and a lady asked Connor if he was going to share his toys with his sister. He said “No!”. When the lady asked why not he said, “Not until she gets out!” Duh!

· When Connor was about 2 and starting to talk more we had the discussion about only using “potty words” in the potty. Somehow he translated this to his private parts being called “potty words”. Anyway, when I was pregnant I was showing him where her head, arms, and legs were positioned. He responded, “But, Mama, where are her potty words?”.

· As I said she is “his baby” but when we got home from the hospital he came and found me and said “Mama, THAT baby is crying. Someone has got to feed THAT baby.”

· I was changing her diaper and she was fussy. Connor was watching and said, “I know, I know, Tickle-licious.” I have NO idea where he heard that one.

· He used to like to pray at dinner but now never wants to so the other night I asked him, “Connor, what can I do to make you more comfortable and not so nervous about praying?”. His response, “You can pray”. Not really what I was looking for but a pretty logical solution!

No comments:

Post a Comment