Friday, February 12, 2010

A Sad Day

Normally I would be excited about snow especially a record snowfall for Dallas. However, the results at our house are quite sad. You may or may not know how much I love my trees, most of all my wax myrtles. For 10 years I have carefully pruned them to accentuate their lovely curvy trunks. They all looked like big umbrellas. My favorite was the one just off the back patio that was surrounded by a circle of bushes. Rabbits had their babies under it every spring. I would put up fencing to keep the dogs away. This particular tree also had its share of HUGE spider webs that were quite amazing except for the HUGE spiders. Each tree was placed by the landscapers for a specific reason: the one in the back blocked the view of the neighbors house, the ones in the front were right in front of the dining room window where you looked out onto the wavy trunks. I remember one time I was sitting in the office and heard LOUD chirping. I looked up and one of the trees was filled with hundreds (no exaggeration) of the tiniest yellow birds. It looked like the tree had flowered! Then all at once they flew away in one huge group. Now they are all gone. The "bird" tree had to be cut down last year when it became diseased. And now the others are gone from the snow damage. Connor asked if God could fix them.












No comments:

Post a Comment