Monday, November 21, 2011

I Took My Kids to a Bar

Yes. I took my kids to a bar tonight. You can see the lovely velvet lamps with fringe and there were a few lava lamps sprinkled throughout.


You see I had/have two Groupons to The Dive Bar and Grill and they expire on Wednesday. I had no idea what the place was like but thought maybe I could go with a friend and have Aaron watch the kids (or better yet have a date night). But then Aaron had to go out of town. Well, I was not going to waste my money. At first I thought I'd get takeout but it said "Dine in only". I called and they assured me they were kid friendly so I went.

Well it was really dark inside but since it was 4:30 there were only a few people there to look at me like "hey, check out the crazy lady with her 2 kids in a bar!".

As it turns out the food was soooooo good! OMGoodness! I highly recommend the Diavlo Shrimp Tacos and Aged Gouda Mashed Potatoes. I even texted and got an immediate coupon for a free dessert. Thank goodness I took it home because I practically made out with the container when I licked it clean.

So, if you are in Frisco I highly recommend it. And, I HAVE to go back tomorrow because I still have that other Groupon. :)

By the way, Connor LOVED the place and ate 2 hamburgers and kept saying "I want to come here everytime we go eat. I love it!". So now he will be telling people his favorite restaurant is The Dive. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment