Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Spirit


The manger has returned home!


After two days I had given up hope and then the lady called me. She said her husband would go up in the attic when he got home from work and that she would call me later that night. Then she said I could come by the next day after 12. That was weird because she supposedly hadn't found it yet. Haha. So I waited and waited and waited. By 9:00 at night I couldn't wait anymore so I called her. She said, "Oh, yes, we found it in a trash bag in the attic!". At this point I didn't care if she found it in her bathroom I was so happy!

She said she had to leave at 5 a.m. the next day but would leave it outside the door. I was nervous about it getting taken so as soon as I dropped Connor off at school I hightailed it down to The Colony and there it was in all its splendor! More beautiful than I remembered.

I did realize it was missing the angel that was nailed to the very top but I am not about to call her back and say, "You know there's one more thing......".

I did tell her to call me if she had any problems with the landlord when she moves out. Trust me, I know ALL about that! Ugh.

So, in the end, the lady kind of grew on me. I'll should add her to my Christmas card list. Who knows, maybe she'll show up at my church someday and I'll see her again. She really did me a favor by not calling the owner and reporting all the stuff left in the attic. And, we have a GREAT story to tell every year when we start decorating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment