Sunday, May 9, 2010

Like Velvet

For as long as I can remember my mom (when holding a baby) has always said, "Oh, her skin is just like velvet!". Yes, yes, we get it, they're soft. So, Charlotte just started crying and I thought "Wow! I think it's morning. She must have slept through the night!". Then I realized it was only 2:30. So, I did what any good mom who never wants her child to sleep through the night would do--I fed her.

Whenever I feed her she always moves her hand around in circles like she's strumming a guitar. Her little hand moved and brushed against mine and I instantly thought "Oh, it's so soft just like..........like...........like what?????............2:30 a.m. half asleep brain working.........just like velvet!

Now, I REALLY get it! Thanks Mom.

Happy Mother's Day--I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment