Thursday, May 13, 2010

Our Adventure


So, the other day we were bored. I had one errand to run but it was over 15 miles away so I really didn't want to go that far for one thing. Then I thought "you know what, let's be crazy and take the REALLY long way and just have an adventure". I know, I like to live on the edge. Connor loves an adventure especially once I told him there would be a bridge involved.

So we started in The Colony and headed up to Little Elm where there is a new toll bridge that crosses over Lake Lewisville. Since I was feeling crazy I thought "We're just going to pay that $1 toll for no reason!!". It was actually really cool. The bridge was quite long, for this area at least, and reminded me of some of the big bridges we used to go over in Charleston. Anyway, we came upon a Sonic and once again I decided to throw caution to the wind and thought "Heck it's 2:00 (Sonic 1/2 price drink time). Let's stop and get slushies!" Connor was hungry so I had a coupon (of course I had a coupon!) for a buy one get one ex-long coney. I knew this would amaze Connor. His eyes about popped out of his head but he ate the whole thing (and ate the other one for dinner just a few hours later!).

We proceeded towards our intended destination of Highland Village but since we still had to go around the lake a bit we got to go through the "country". The road we needed was closed so we went even more out of our way on what turned out to be the most beautiful country road! I felt like we were actually in the forest! The trees were so thick on each side of the road and they met overhead and formed a tunnel. This went on for quite a while. I explained to Connor that this was the country and that we just had to get out of the city once in a while. We saw donkeys, beautiful horse farms with white fences for miles, cows, streams, and old bridges. Best detour I've been on.

We stopped at a park on Lake Lewisville on the way home and Connor rode his bike and Charlotte rode in the stroller. Finally, we had to head home. I probably spent $25 in gas but we had the best time.

No comments:

Post a Comment